SWM issues question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM issues question

How can i get 40 receivers on one dish with 4 download dish (5lnb). Im wanting to use swm8 multiswitches, can i use the swme1ro-09 expander to jump from one expander to another to get to the 40 receivers that i need to obtain? Or i can use the swm16 as well....but didn't know if the swme1ro-09 is compatible with the swm16 or not...

Whats the easiest solution to this problem? With our purchasing program i can't purchase the swm32 because its over 500.00 and that would have to be put out for bid...thats reason i wanted to use swm8 or swm16 multiswitches because price is lower and i can purchase it immediately. Thanks for any help...

Three SWM16s in an E4 would be my best answer.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

with a e4 that gives me the option of expanding to 4 swm16 and having 64 receivers correct?

Comment

Exactly right.

Comment

Is there a wiring diagram that i can see to make sure i have my e4 hooked up correctly. My scenario is that i have it all installed: 4 down leads from sat to my E4, then all swm16 plugged into my e4, (4) 24v power supplies hooked up to my e4, then out of my swm16 to my (2) 8 ways for each swm16....my question is do i need the 29v power inserters for the 8 ways also? Or is the 24v power suppy powering that?

Kenny

Comment

You need either the 29v power supplies to each unit, or jumpers from the power out of the E4 to the power port on each SWM16. The SWM16s don't get power from the ports that plug right into the E4 - those are SAT only.

Comment

Working...
            X