Multiple Antennas (SWM and Conventional) to Multiple Reveivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Antennas (SWM and Conventional) to Multiple Reveivers

I haven't been able to find any reference to anyone trying to use different technology antennas (SWM and conventional) to the same receivers.

I haven an RV parked under a covered area with a KVH dome on the roof. I've run my home SWM into the RV. But when traveling, or not under the covered roof, I want to use my KVH antenna. Both receivers are SWM models.

I actually have this working. I just have to reset the receivers each time I switch antennas.

I am using a system of diplexers to feed both cable and SWM sat into the RV.

In the RV I was using an A/B switch to select whether I wanted house SWM or RV KVH antenna feeds. Then I routed either signal through the existing KVH splitter/device to feed both receivers.

The KVH splitter/device quit working. Besides being a splitter, KVH tells me that it is also a device used to allow 2 receivers to operate from the RV antenna. So I have to use that kind of splitter/device and have a new one ready to install.

Now I think I need to choose SWM or RV antennas via 2 A/B switches - one for each TV. That will isolate sharing of the SWM signals into the KVH splitter/device.

I really don't want to use 2 A/B switches.

Is there some kind of other device I can put just before the receivers that I can connect both the SWM and KVH feeds into that will isolate any 'backfeed' into either the KVH splitter/device and back into the SWM system? Maybe a DiSEqC or a diplexer or a combiner?

KVH advises to use 2 A/B switches.

Thanks for the help. (I hope)

SWM can co-exist with OTA signals, as long as you aren't using whole home networking over the SWM. Why not just use diplexers?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X