Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SD and HD Rcvr's, iPPV, and DECA Connectivity

Hello,
    DirecTV SWM connectivity newbie. Helping a family member. I have high technical skill and ability.

The DirecTV customer and family member has removed their landline phone service from the home. They would like to order iPPV from their remote as they did when they had connected and working landline phone service to the H25-500 HD Rcvr. There is internet service to the home, and I have ordered the DECA Broadband adapter and green label 1x2 splitter and a few small runs of RG6 coax.

The current installation done by an authorized DirecTV installer includes an ODU SWM power inserter, (I assume to power the SWM-LNB, correct?), and splits to a standard defintion receiver (D10 model receiver, I believe), and an H25-500 (DECA Broadband Adaptor Capable) HD High-Definition receiver. I'm not sure if an SWM8 is installed into the system anywhere, as this is a simple D10 SD Receiver and H25-500 HD Receiver (non-DVR) installation.

So here is my question: Would connecting the DECA Broadband adapter to the output of a (green-label) 1x2 splitter and the other output of the 1x2 splitter to the H25-500 HD receiver and then calling DirecTV Customer support to have them activate iPPV work? Should I have any considerations about the D10 Standard Defintion receiver, like if it needs a BSF Filter to block the DECA Broadband Internet adapter signals? I know that the D10 won't use the DECA Broadband adapter, won't be internet connected, and the D10 won't be ever ordering PPV, and that's fine. I just want the H25-500 to be able to use the DECA Broadband adapter, connect to the internet, and be able to order the iPPV from it's remote only.

Thanks in advance.
    Scooter

Yes, that should work. You do need a BSF for the D10.

Comment

Thank You

Excellent. Thank you.
      Scooter

Comment

Working...
      X