HR34 & 4-way splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR34 & 4-way splitter?

I am a new DTV user and have had my service for less than two months. Last week my service died and am currently waiting almost two weeks for a tech to come out and diagnose the problem. Idle hands got me doing some research into my setup and how it works and now question the original tech's installation.

I have a newer Slimline dish with the integrated SWM connected (1-cable) to a 4-way splitter. Attached to the splitter is a HR34-700, 2 x HR23-600 and an PI-21 power inserter. The PI is then run to the DECA broadband adapter.

It is my understanding that gives me a total of 7 tuners in the house which would be too much for a 4-way splitter, is that correct? Or does that not matter and it's the integrated SWM that determines the max tuner count?

Just trying to learn how this stuff works while I sit here with it *not* working.

You have 9 tuners, not 7. The SWM determines the count, not the splitter.

Comment

Wow, 9? Where did the other two come from, do the HR23 count as 2 even though it's just a standard receiver?

I think I have a SWM 3 LNB which from what I see supports up to 8 tuners, would this still mean I was overloaded?

Thanks

Comment

And HR23 is a DVR and counts as 2.

Comment

Working...
        X