splitters on swm8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splitters on swm8

Can I use 4x2way swm splitters and 1x4way swm splitter to feed a max of 7 tuners? I have a job that has a J-box installed outside the house, there is a 2way swm splitter that feeds both sides of the house. 1 feed goes to the family room that has a 2way splitter with the power inserter and feeds the family room dvr and master bedroom hd receiver. The 2nd line feeds a office hd receiver, I would like to install a 2way splitter on the line going to the office. And feed a room where there will be a receiver and another 2way splitter, using the second feed off of the 2way splitter I need to feed a 4way splitter (50ft away) to feed 3 hd receivers. Will this setup work? I'm planning on moving the power inserter to the 4way splitter since this will be the longest run in the system. I also have to install a deca into the system from the office, do you think there will be a problem inserting the network from this location to get the whole house dvr working?

Not sure what a 4x2 is, but as long as these are all true SWM splitters, and as long as the cable is good quality stuff, this should be fine.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I meant I am using 4 swm 2 way splitters total in the system plus the 4 way splitter to get the signal to the receivers they are adding.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Comment

There are limits to the number of splitters you can use in a series like that, but if you are using a couple of 1x2s and a 1x4, you should be ok so long as the overall distance is not >200 ft or so.

Comment

Working...
          X