SWM + DirecTV 1 tuner of 16 fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM + DirecTV 1 tuner of 16 fails.

I have 8 DirecTV DVRs. They are set up on a SWM16.

On one of my DVRs tuner #2 Fails to work on two satellites. The rest of them work fine.

Here's the kicker. I started moving coax around, trying to isolate the problem and ruled out the coax being at fault. Taking a proper working set of coax and plugging it into my trouble DVR yields no positive results on the trouble DVR and no negative results on the working DVR.

I unplugged the SWM coax, and removed power from all DVRs. I plugged them in a different order, and lo' and behold, the trouble was on a different DVR.

My conjecture is, and I have no knowledge other than what I started to read on these and other message boards this morning, that the problem is that the SWM16 assigns some sort of address or socket to each device as they come online. One of these addresses/sockets is not providing the signal needed for the second tuner.

Does anyone with more experience have anything to add, or to correct my logic?

Thanks!
    Connor

What model DVRs and receivers do you have connected to the SWM?

Comment

8 HR21 DVRs, 4 DVRs per output.

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      What model DVRs and receivers do you have connected to the SWM?

Comment

Any chance there's another receiver or DVR on the SWM lines somewhere?

Otherwise, is the problem always on the same side of the SWM? Same splitter?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Zero chance. It is a pretty simple setup.

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Any chance there's another receiver or DVR on the SWM lines somewhere?
          So far...
          Otherwise, is the problem always on the same side of the SWM? Same splitter?

Comment

So maybe it's a bad splitter. Move it to the other side, and see where the problem ends up.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X