Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWM16, CCTV, Whole Home, International, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM16, CCTV, Whole Home, International, Oh my!

I've got a SWM16 with 4 HD DVR's, a SWM HD receiver and 2 legacy SD receivers. I've also got the whole/connected home DVR package with DECA's, Nomad and international programming via a second (international, duh) dish.

I've got two questions:

1. I'd like to insert CCTV signals into this but had heard/read that I'll lose the whole home DVR capability. Is this true, is there another way around it? Seems kind of odd that the only means DTV would give us for OTA (or CCTV in this case) programming would reduce functionality that they provide.

2. The SWM16 is in the attic and the power injector/inverter is in the garage. Currently, two coax run down the outside of the house from the attic to the garage. One goes from the power module to the SWM in the attic and the other goes from the SWM to a receiver in the garage. Assuming there's a suitable workaround/solution for my first question above, is there a way that I can connect the power module to either the SWM1 or SWM2 ports on the SWM16, connection my receiver by the power module to the extra drop/port on the power module itself and then use the now extra coax from the attic to the garage to feed my CCTV signal from the garage (where the source is) to the SWM setup in the attic? I'm trying to avoid having to run any additional lines if possible.

Hopefully this makes sense but if not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify. I used to have a SWM8 with an OTA port on it that I bought here a few years ago but when I outgrew that and DTV installed the SWM16 I gave the 8 to Goodwill. In hindsight, perhaps I should have kept it.

Thanks in advance!

-joni-

1 - Right - you can't have OTA and DECA on the same piece of coax. You'll need a second line for that.

2 - Yup. You can put the power on SWM1 and run it up that way.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X