Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR34 and SWM-8

Problem: 776 dish error.

I don't see any wiring diagrams with the SWM-8 and HR34. I see examples with the SWM-16 and the dedicated PWR port. I have the HR34 coming off the PWR module and an HR24 on SWM2. That should be 7 tuners. The tuner tests all pass, including the SWM test.

Is it possible the HR34 must be connected to SWM2 and will not work off the SWM1/PWR port? Is it possible I need to replace the whole thing with an SWM-16?

Thanks,
    -Mark

Nope - the HR34 will work off the SWM1/PWR on a SWM8.

Is the HR24 working OK? Have you tried switching the locations of the two units to see if maybe it's a wiring problem?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It will be difficult switching them, but the HR23 the HR34 replaced worked with that setup for a couple of years. It may be faster for me to get a splitter and put all the receivers on SWM2 than to move receivers around.

I am destined for an SWM-16 anyway, as I want to hook up a 3rd DVR, but I was looking for a quick answer while I wait for the SWM-16.

Thanks.

Comment

As an alternative to an SWM-16, or a 3rd DVR, can I use a C31 Genie client, does that use up 0, 1, or 2 tuners?

Comment

Yes - you can use a C31. It uses 0 tuners off the SWM.

Full info on the C31 is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-c31-...t-hmc-hr34.php
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X