Long run swim choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long run swim choice

I have a two dvr legacy system now. Dish is slimline 3lnb, I guess. It is in the only location that will receive all sat. signals, ~200' from house. The two new receivers will be hr34 and hr24, maybe hr21 if the installer doesn't have the hr24. Run from outside of house to hr34 will be ~60', run to hr24 ~25'.
    Two Dual Flooded rg6 with ground cable now running from dish to house.

Dtv has been out 4 times and said they can't do install, swm length too long. Signal strength on dtivo showing 89/90, on my hr200 showing most in low 90's some in mid to high 80's, with a couple lower. Never get dropped signal, even in rain now. I picked up two ct-sla amps from weeknees and dtv sent me a am21 atsc tuner for my off air channels.

Question is, swim8 or swim lnb, which will work with this install. I seem to need to Lead the installers in the right direction, they didn't even know there were amps available.

Any suggestions are welcome. Installer due any time today. Wondering just what to make sure he has/should do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
    Last edited by Drharris; 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM.

Go with the standard LNB. Then use a SWM and you can add amplification, either inline amp or, before the SWM, the DIRECTV amp, found here:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv-...tallations.php

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Go with the standard LNB. Then use a SWM and you can add amplification, either inline amp or, before the SWM, the DIRECTV amp, found here:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv-...tallations.php
      Went that way, thanks. As it turned out I didn't need the amps after all.

It took 5 installers before I could talk one into installing the equipment. All others said my run was too long. I told them the legacy dvr's I have been using for 15 years work fine on that long run. They just wouldn't install for me. I did buy a couple of amps but as it turned out we didn't need them.

Comment

Working...
      X