No signal through diplexer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No signal through diplexer

Trying to run OTA along with Direct tv through SWM8. Have a EAGLE ASPEN D-2100LX DIRECTV APPROVED DIPLEXER at the receiver/TV but can't get either signal to pass through the diplexer. Direct tv signal works without diplexer but no OTA with or without diplexer. My OTA is pre-amped with a Channel Master 7777 pre-amp signal booster. No whole home DVR or networking.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dvarner; 12-14-2012, 04:40 AM.

Assuming you have no DECA on that line, that should work.

Could you have a DECA model on there, even though you aren't using the networking?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply Michael.....I have a HR22 and a H23 receiver. I have been troubleshooting on the H23. Great sat signal without diplexer. No OTA signal unless center wire of coax is making contact in diplexer post without outer, threaded, portion of coax making contact. I hook up diplexer, reset sat receiver and no signal. Any suggestions?

Comment

WOW.....after hours of troubleshooting I finally went to Radio Shack and bought another diplexer and walla that was my problem all along! Radio Shack's diplexers are pricy (over $20.00) so will be returning it as soon as I can get another one ordered online. The EAGLE ASPEN D-2100LX DIRECTV APPROVED DIPLEXER did not work....who would of thought.

My OTA signal is weak but will mess with the Pre-Amp and see if I can't get it boosted. Any ideas on getting a stronger OTA signal?
        Last edited by dvarner; 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

You MUST MUST MUST be using a SWM diplexer. Just because it's DIRECTV approved doesn't mean it will work with SWM. I think you're going to have trouble with the Radio Shack diplexers also. See:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm

Comment

Working...
          X