Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from 4-way SWM to SWM8 Help

I couldn't find this specific issue and hoping its an easy answer:

Current setup: 3LNB Single-wire SL3 dish at a vacation home. One wire goes to the wire box. Single wire goes through a PI-28 power inserter, then connects to a 4-way swm. Each output goes to a different room in the house. We have three families that use this and over Thanksgiving we were all there. We each brought our own DVR, two HR24 and an HR34. Obviously, the two HR24s worked fine, but when we added the HR34, we needed to "upgrade".

We want to be able to have the two tuners working on the HR24 and at least two working on the HR34. I had read that the HR34 will only use the number of available tuners. But I think when the limit is 4, there is a problem.

Can I get away with the SWM8? Does that work with only one wire from the Dish? I wish I could interpret the diagrams easier, but wondering if I needed everything. We carry our receivers back and forth. We don't always have a total of 9 tuners there, but it happened this weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, you'll need a non-SWM LNB and a SWM-16 if you want all nine of those tuners online at once.

AFAIK, the HR34 won't work with less than all five tuners. But the HR24s can be limited to one tuner, so that would be the way to make this work in that circumstance.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X