Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HD tivo, Weaknees HDD upgrade, installation cheaper then buying upgraded HD Tivo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HD tivo, Weaknees HDD upgrade, installation cheaper then buying upgraded HD Tivo?

I've been looking at HD Tivos with 750GB hard drives.

I can get one from Weaknees already upgraded for $849, or I can get a standard one from them for $299 + $399 for HDD upgrade + $49 for standard upgrade for $747 total.

Why is the first option more expensive then the seemingly harder (for Weaknees) second option?

Mainly, it's because we cover the warranty on the entire unit.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Do the drives come with the Tivo Software already on them? My drive died in my unit and Directtv switched me to thier unit. I hate it. I found the weakness site and if i can replace the drive with a bigger drive also that would be great.

Comment

Yes, our drives are plug-and-play and come with the software pre-installed.

Comment

can you choose between regular tivo software and directtv tivo software?

Comment

We'd like you to order by model number so that you get the correct software version for your unit. We're aware that some people choose to put different software on units, but we really don't recommend it for a host of reasons, not the least of which is reliability.

So if you order for a DirecTV TiVo, you'll get DirecTV software.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I got my drive installed it and everything is working fine in such a short time. Love being back with Tivo. Thanks Weaknees

Comment

Working...
              X