Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought HDD upgrade / now network does not work

Hi,

I purchased a HDD upgrade from WeaKnees and installed it successfully, but now the USB wireless network card (Linksys WUSB54G) will not work. I've tried turning off the tivo, then unplugging the WUSB54G, turning Tivo on, turning off, plugging WUSB54G back in, but no luck.

Anyone have an suggestions?

Thanks

What model TiVo is it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Tivo series 2 (originally 40 hour), model TCD24004A

Comment

Has it dialed-in? It should work out of the box, but maybe it needs a connection or two to TiVo first.

Comment

Since the wireless wouldn't work, I plugged it into the phone line and the Tivo would dial in and download the program guide successfully for a few months, but now when it dials in it says the call was completed successfully but the program never updates (says the program guide has run out). That is why I'm trying to get the network running now, to see if there is something wrong with dialup.

But I think you were saying is he Tivo may need to dial in to download the latest drivers for the network adapter, so my unit has had many opportunities to get the latest drivers; however the WUSB54G still will not work.

Comment

What version of the OS do you have?

How old is the current drive in the unit?

Comment

I think I bought the drive from WeaKnees about a year ago. The software version is 9.1

Comment

Pretty strange. It really should work with that version. Have you tested the WiFi adapter with a laptop or other computer?

Comment

Working...
                X