No Local Channels After Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Local Channels After Upgrade

I just upgraded my Phillips DSR704 with a 400GB drive from WK. I have no local channels now. I just got off the phone with DirecTV and they clucked a bit and told me there's nothing that they can do about it and this kind of thing happens after an upgrade, so too bad (They asked me if I'd done it...I didn't bring it up). They advised putting the old drive back in and leaving well enough alone.

This seems unlikely that I'm the only person who's upgraded a drive who wants their local channels. Any ideas on what to do about it? I don't care so much about my local channels, but I suspect my wife might kill me if she misses out on American Idol.

Apparently the answer is to relax and be patient. after 5 hours, they all popped back in place right where they should be.

I have no idea if what I was told by DTV's customer support people is the DirecTV party line or if she was off on her own, but it seems to be less of a big deal than they made it out to be.

Comment

Right - in certain situations, the locals can take some time to repopulate.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        Right - in certain situations, the locals can take some time to repopulate.
        Wow, I just posted the same issue in another thread. Guess I'll wait a few hours..... ..... not much better than Windows eh?

Comment

I would agree that Microsoft and DirecTV do share some traits . . .
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X