Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDR112 TurboNet Connection in GS After Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR112 TurboNet Connection in GS After Upgrade?

The drive in my old Philips HDR112 TiVo (w/ TurboNet) is dying and I'm thinking of buying a Weaknees full replacement drive. What software version do these drives ship with? I'm assuming it'll be the last Series1 version available and that I can just set the dial prefix to ",#401" (pause-enter-4-0-1) to re-activate the TurboNet access. Specifically, I don't have a landline and am wondering if the initial Guided Setup after the drive replacement can go through the TurboNet card.

The replacement drives come with the latest version of the TiVo software; that command is supported.

Comment

Thanks. But, along with being supported, is it usable for the initial Guided Setup? It's just been so long since I did a GS with this unit (and the last time I did, it didn't even have the TurboNet card) that I'm trying to be sure I can get things started.

Comment

Yes, you should be able to put the code in during guided setup.

Comment

Just for posterity's sake, I'll confirm that the Guided Setup worked fine through the TurboNet card. No problems whatsoever. Plus, this new drive is much quieter than the old Maxtor I had put in there years ago. Thanks.

Dave

Comment

Glad to hear it!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X