Timing: HD upgrade kit and comcast digital tuner card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing: HD upgrade kit and comcast digital tuner card

I just got a new Tivo HD and I definitely want to pick up a HD upgrade kit but I'm thinking of waiting a month or two (due to finances). If I have comcast come and install the digital tuner cards now, will that be a problem for an upgrade at a later date? I assume not, but I just wanted to check. Is it "better" to do the HD upgrade first or does it just not matter at all?

Thanks.

Frankly, it is better to do the upgrade first, so that there won't need to be any potential re-pairing of the CableCARDs with the new drive at the time of install. But it's not a very big issue, and it's not that hard to re-pair if you need to.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

What does this "re-pair" involve? Is it just a call to comcast? Do they have to come back out to my place? Or is it something that I can do? And if it is, do I require a linux box to do it?

Thanks

Comment

You have to give the Cable Company the information from your TiVo/CableCARDs so they can authorize the cards. Sometimes, changing drives requires you to give the cable co any info that changes as a result of the new drive. It is pretty rare, though, for this to be required.

Comment

Working...
        X