No announcement yet.

No channels after Weaknees 250GB upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the EXACT same problem same model going to the 250gb disk and Satilite--- no channel list after several attempts after an upgrade to version 8. I have tried a couple of other zip codes ( although mine used to work fine two years ago) and that has not worked.

Is this zip code the problem or is it a bad image from Weaknees? I live in San Diego area is there a zip code we know that works?

tx --- bnv

Comment

Mine used to work fine three years ago, so I'm not sure what's changed. In any case, using a nearby ZIP seemed to fix things. Other things you might try - use a ZIP code from a completely different state, or choose the other satellite provider (DirecTV if you have Dish, or vise-versa) in your ZIP. If either of those get you up and running, go back and enter your real ZIP.

Comment

I am working now thanks to the tips above --- thanks!

Here is my 2 cents on the problem:

There must be a bug with a new disk install shipping with version 7, upgrading immediately to version 8 and setting up for Dish Network all in the same subsequent sessions - IMHO.

If someone gets the symptoms above of no channels, here are two things to try that will probably fix it:

1. Try another local zip code or
        2. Say you have digital cable and let it finish DLing/index then go back and say redo for Satellite and Dish Network - this is what worked for me for whatever reason.

Dish Network and TiVo companies have not been the best of friends lately anyway. ($70 million law suit)

bnv
        Last edited by bnv; 01-24-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I am having the same problem after installing the 250gb upgrade for a Pioneer H810 box. Please help

Comment

abbymagga,

See the thread - we have some questions there for you.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Problems with getting channel list

I am having identical problems as described above. I have a TCD24008A TIVO unit trying to work with a DishNetwork 311 box. I replace the harddrive and am able to get the setup screen but for some reason, no channels get listed. In fact, I am not prompted to list whether I have premium channels, etc.

I live in the 70115 area code. I emailed tech support. They suggested the same old things as noted above and I have been without success. My machine has frozen a few times after I have completed the whole set up.

I am going to try different zip codes or perhaps try with "digital cable" and see what happens.

Comment

This seems to be a problem with older OS versions and TiVo's servers. What OS do you have? Have you given it a chance to update?
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                X