The Pre-Formatted upgrade drive is not being recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pre-Formatted upgrade drive is not being recognized

I just completed installing a new, 2nd drive from my Weakkness purchased upgrade kit. I double checked the jumpers (master/slave) and all connections, power, etc., but the new capacity is not showing up.

After installing the new drive, the Tivo started right up, my previously recorded shows are still intact from the master/factory drive and all is working, however the tivo does not recognize the additional capacity, just the original capacity from the first drive. (My original drive is an 80g and the new drive added is a 160g. Both are Maxtors.)

Per the instructions for the upgrade kit, the new drive is a "pre-configured" drive. Since this is the case, shouldn't the new capacity show up? I did not make any changes to the new drive - It went straight from the install kit box to the upgrade bracket (slave) per all instructions followed in sequence.

I even checked & listened for the new drive starting up and found that both the factory and new drive powering up right away when I plug the Tivo in. The fan works, and Tivo is working the same as it did before the upgrade was installed.

Is there a reason that it's not being recognized if the new drive is pre-configured per the kit I purchased from Weakknees?

Thanks -
    Last edited by kiki; 04-16-2008, 02:06 AM. Reason: Disregard the duplicate post - My bad...

Was the 80 GB drive itself an upgrade, or is that the original drive that came with the unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X