Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two bad Tivo's, only buy one hard drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two bad Tivo's, only buy one hard drive?

Hello,
    First - Weaknees rocks.
    OK, so I have a bad Series 2 and Tivo HD.
    I purchased a new hard drive for each from Weaknees.
    I have not opened them up yet. Can I make a backup of the hard SATA drive using MSFlive (or your tool) then then copy that onto (one of the many) bare IDE drives I have? thus saving me the cost of one drive?
    This would mean that the software that came pre-installed could be used for either the Series 2 or Tivo HD?
    Also, if I kept a copy of this backup, then I'm assuming I would save myself this pain if (when) I lose a drive in the future?
    Regards,
    Brad

The software for each of those models is different, if that's what you mean . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Oh, OK. so I do need seperate drives.
      Just a couple questions more:
      a) If I make a backup of each drive, that should suffice in case the drive dies in the future, right? Also, if my other series 2 dies, this backup should suffice to replace that drive as well, right?
      B) if I have a two-hard drive Tivo, and I am experiencing reboots, or one bad just totally fails (but i don't know which), is it just best to replace both drives? Or can you replace the "main drive" without going through the process of marrying it again to the second drive?
      Thanks!
      Brad

Comment

a - right

b - yes, you should replace both (but potentially with one drive). If you go with two again, you'll have to remarry them.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X