Upgrade kit from weaKnees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade kit from weaKnees

I think I have a hard drive on the way to la la land in my SD-DVR80 which is nearing 5 years old. I am having momentary glitches which some say may be the HD.

While I'd really like to transfer my season pass recordings, wishlists, recorded content, I am really not up on booting to Linux and doing everything manually, even though I have the expertise to do so, I'd rather just go the upgrade route.

I assume these upgrades are "plug-n-play" out of the box, ready to boot and do my guided setup, and ready to reflect the upgraded number of hours.

Are any of the other "upgrades" and/or "hacks" applied to this upgraded hard drive like I have read about on other forums dedicated to the Tivo by DirecTv?

I'm interested mainly in the ability to add the home media option to be able to watch programs from this unit on another Tv.

A 2nd question, is it wise to put my unit in Standby each night before we go to bed? Will this extend the life of the hard drive? I assume that it stops recording live TV in Standby mode.

Thanks!

Nope - our drives are not hacked because we want them to be as rock-solid as possible, and they really are. The hacks introduce lots of potential problems and we really don't recommend them at all.

Standby technically just cuts the video-out feed of the unit, so there's no point to putting a TiVo in standby unless you need that TV input for another component.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X