Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 - Not a SATA Upgrade?

I have a DirecTV HD DVR HR10-250.

I recently purchased a 1TB Seagate SATA Hard Drive to Upgrade, well actually to have a 2nd Tivo unit - which I still haven't purchased yet!

I purchased the SATA drive because I read/was told that the HD Tivo units use SATA drives, unlike the Non-HD tivo units.

So, what Type of Hard Drive does the HR10-250 use, SATA or Non-SATA?

IF the answer is Non-SATA drive, what could I do now? Is there any kind of an Adapter that's available that I could use in a Tivo unit that would enable me to use the SATA drive?

Or, do I need to 'simply' purchase a Tivo unit that uses/can be Upgraded with a SATA Hard Drive?

IF that's the case, which Tivo Models use the SATA drives?

Just to be clear.... I only have ONE Tivo unit at the time, the HR10-250, I USED to have DSR 704 with a 320GB upgrade, but it was stolen from my semi-truck. (freaking CRACK-Heads!)

I am looking to get a 2nd Tivo unit - and - I've already purchased the 1TB SATA drive to put in this un-bought Tivo unit!

Thanks for the time,

Sc

All HD TiVos -except- the HR10-250 use SATA drives.

But most SATA drives will work in an HR10-250 with our adapters:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-sata-to-ide-adapter.php

Especially in the DirecTV units, we also recommend getting our new IDE cable - there's a package on that page.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I have 2 more questions:

1) Are the "our new IDE Cables" absolutely necessary for a SATA drive to work in a IDE Tivo? Or do they simply 'make things better/you'll be happy you did' type of thing?

2) What does the Series 3 Tivo do - that the HD HR10-250 that I have NOT do?

Thanks again for your time AND Knowledge!

Sc

Comment

1 - I don't really know the rules, but in some cases, the SATA adapter seems to not work at all without an 80 wire cable.

2 - The Series3s are for cable - they won't work at all with DirecTV.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X