Hard drive upgrade not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive upgrade not working

I received my upgrade kit this week (order #726986) and I have installed the new drive into my TIVo. I cannot get past the Powering Up screen. I reviewed the forums and tried several different things:

- reinstalled my old hard drive to ensure that I did not inadvertently do anything in the internals of the TIVO device. The old hard drive was recognized and powered up right away
    - reseated the SATA/IDE adapter several times
    - double checked the new IDE connector to make sure the connections were correct (blue end into the motherboard and black into the drive) and that the connections were tight
    - I replaced the jumper on the new drive with a different jumper
    - I tried to boot up with and without the jumper on the new drive

In all instances of booting up the TIVO with the new hard drive, I am getting the same results:

- both HDD and DVD lights on the front of the TIVO unit (Humax DRT400) are red constantly
    - the screen says Powering up
    - the SATA/IDE adapter on the new hard drive has two lights: the top light is green and is on. The bottom light is red and pulses on/off for about 20 minutes. After about 20 minutes, the TV screen goes black briefly and then comes back on to the Powering up message. At this point, the red pulsing light on the SATA/IDE adapter is off
    Last edited by dlt1022; 02-28-2010, 09:55 AM.

Can you post your order number so that we can confirm that against your model number?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

WeaKnees Order #726986

Comment

I'd suggest you email us directly so that we can make arrangements to get you replacement part(s). It sounds like you might have a bad adapter.

Comment

Working...
        X