Replacement Drive from Weaknees - Won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Drive from Weaknees - Won't boot

My HD Tivo recently decided it would not boot up past the welcome to TIVO screen. When you expected the almost there message, it would reboot. This is an HD TIVO with a TIVO expander. I decided it was likely the hard drive and ordered a 750Gb drive and would not continue to use the expander.

I replaced the drive per the instructions (pretty easy), and plugged in. Now the TIVO powers up, every light flashes immediately, and it waits about 3 seconds and does it again...and again.

I put the old drive back in and it does the old routine described above, gets to the almost there and reboots.

Any ideas....next steps. I have another HD TIVO but as it's working, I'm leery about opening it and trying the drive there. Any help is really appreciated.

It sounds like the drives are having similar problems? Maybe the best bet is to email us, and we can get your drive from us back and test it in a unit here. If it works, then we'll know that the problem with your unit is not drive-related.

Comment

Working...
    X