weaKnees upgrade failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weaKnees upgrade failure

I bought a 320GB upgrade drive kit for my TDC540040.

It worked fine ... for a couple of days.

I came home one day and found my TiVo continually rebooting.

I disconnected my TiVo, cracked it open and put the drives into an old PC I keep around. I booted off of an MFStools CD and looked at the drives ... or, tried to. With the new 320GB drive attached to the machine, it won't get past the initial BIOS screen, hanging on the "Checking IDE drives" step. With only the TiVo original drive in the machine or with the TiVo original in the drive and with any of a couple of blank spare drives I have, the machine boots fine.

I never got to the point of recording on the new drive. Is there a way that I can get the machine back to a single drive configuration? Alternately, is there a way that I can come up with a way to copy the data off of the initial drive? I'd *really* like to get that data, if I can.

Otherwise, is there some way of communicating with WeaKnees to let them know that my new hard drive failed after less than a week and possibly get some redress, or at least a new drive?

Or am I just hosed and need to purchase the InstantCake CD and just create a new drive/drive set for myself?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Somewhat Grumpy

Please feel free to call us to discuss the situation and get it sorted as quickly as possible.

https://www.weaknees.com/contact.php
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X