Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVR2000 Doesnt Show correct Capacity

Hello all:

Don't know if this is where the post is supposed to go, but here goes.

I have an SVR2000 and I upgraded to 80 GB drive. I think I used the Tiger thing to do that. Thereafter, I hacked the drive with the Jenkins method.

Everything worked fine, and the 80 gig drive showed about 90 hours of capacity. I was very happy.

Later on, I managed to mess up the drive and so I restored a very old backup that I had. The backup predated both the upgrade and the hacks. Used the same 80 gig drive and the restore went fine. Of course the restore only showed me with 30 hours of recording time which at the time didn't phase me, considering that the Tivo.bak file predated both the upgrade and the hacks.

So then I went back and did the Jenkins hack thing again and all the hacks seem to work.

But still only 30 hours shows up. So the 80 gig drive is definitely not showing its theoretical capacity. What shows is the same capacity that the original Tivo had, about 30 hours.

So the big question is this. Can I make this thing show the correct size of the drive and its full capacity without doing everything all over again?

Thanks much.

Michael
    Last edited by goofeyfoot; 08-05-2007, 02:34 PM.

Yes, you need to use the mfsadd command:

mfsadd -x /dev/hdX where hdX is where your drive is located.

For more info:

www.upgrade-instructions.com
    www.newreleasesvideo.com

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Jeff:

Thanks for the information.

Three final questions.

1. Since I now have telnet access, can the command be given via Telnet?

2. If not then I assume I have to pull the drive. If that's the case do I have to do a full "upgrade" starting from scratch? Or rather do I just hook up the exixting drive, boot with a CD and give the single command, changing the drive reference to the actual Tivo drive instead of your verbatim text.

3. Which CD has the command you recited? I happen to have the Jenkins one and another which I believe is called MFS tools.

Thanks for writing to me so quickly. Geez, this old machine is hard to live without, even temporailly.

The Turbo Net card works great, by the way.

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X