Hinsdale Upgrade + 2nd Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinsdale Upgrade + 2nd Drive?

I have a 160G Hinsdale replacement A drive on the way for my 80G Series 2 Tivo. If I decided to add my own B drive at the same time, which part of the DIY instructions would I follow to do that?

Thanks

You'd basically want some variation of:

Code:
    mfsadd -x /dev/hdc /dev/hdd
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Add 2nd drive issue

I added a 2nd drive to the tivo using mfsadd -x /dev/hda /dev/hdb (a = tivo; b = new drive).

When the tivo starts up, it goes through the welcome and then the just a bit longer screens, then drops into a green screen that says that it detected a problem and it is going to try to fix it, don't turn off the power. After a few seconds, the unit restarts completely.

Any ideas? The new drive is a brand-new WD3200JB. The tivo drive is a WD1600BB.

---Thanks!

Comment

Then you've got a problem due to the size of the new drive - I'm sorry I didn't warn you. You needed this:

Code:
        mfsadd -x -r 4 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd
        At this point, you'll need to restore from backup.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Backup?

I was having trouble taking a backup as my windows drive was being reported that it is in read-only mode.

Is there a way to undo the effect of the original command so that the mfsadd -x -r 4 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd would work?

Comment

Working...
          X