Series 1 drive killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 drive killed

I tried the Hinsdale backup options and have a post on the failure of the backup to work becuase it said the tivo.bak was read only but after putting the drive back in the tivo I get the Your Tivo is Starting Up and it just hangs. I never had the drive attached to the PC unless it was booted to the MFS CD. What could have caused this?

Did you change the drive's jumper?

Comment

Yes - I had them on Primary Slave and put them back as Master. My DVD_R is the master slave and I didn't want to rip everything apart just so the drive could be a master slave.
      Last edited by nellesjs; 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

If you got an error, that's likely the issue. Do you have the full text of the output?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

All it said was /mnt/dos/tivo.bak is read only.

Comment

So then it can't write the backup to that drive.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Here is the first commands given in the instructions after booting from the CD

At # prompt Boot CD users type the following commands to mount your C: drive:

mkdir /mnt/dos

mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos

Once I booted and did an ls command I was looking at the CD files so the CD was the active drive. Should I somehow move to the C drive before issuing mkdir command? How would it know to make the directory on the c drive when the default drive is the CD?

There was no /mnt/dos directory on my C drive after I stopped.

I appreciate you patience but once we get this thing about the backup not working figured out I still want to know what screwed up the TIVO drive so bad that it couldn't be read by the TIVO unit since I didn't write or read from it.

Comment

Working...
              X