Upgrading a S2 Dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading a S2 Dual

I've purchased the drive kit for my S2 Dual Tuner, as well as a large hard drive. I was surprised in the how-to to find :

"TiVo 80hr TCD649080 Standalone Single 80GB A drive (dual tuner model - only accommodates a single drive)"

My bracket fits in the TiVo, and looks like I can fit two drives in there just fine. Is there a hardware reason that I can't? I have installed the bracket, fan, etc. and reassembled the TiVo while waiting for my new B Drive, and it all fits together just fine.

On a second note, I've become confused in the how-to about backing up my original drive. I'd much rather just format the B Drive accordingly and plug it in, using my existing A Drive. Is this a problem?

Thanks guys.

By the way, I'm also using the weeknees boot CD, but haven't used Unix in over 10 years. Can someone give me the few lines needed to format a big add-on B Drive appropriately?
    Last edited by Crit; 02-02-2007, 08:40 AM.

Right - that must be old info. The dual-tuner bracket we sell does work, obviously, in that model.

If you just want to bless and add, you can do this:

Code:
    BlessTiVo /dev/hdc
    Replace the "hdc" with the appropriate position.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Now that I've got all my hardware together, I've booted the PC with the CD. I can't mount my backup drive because it's NTFS, so it mounts read-only. My XP laptop won't format any other way. Is there a unix command that I can use to reformat my backup drive on the fly?

Comment

You'd have to use some partitioning software to get a FAT32 partition on the other drive.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the followups, Michael.

Comment

Working...
          X