Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I migrate shows from Series 2 to Tivo HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I migrate shows from Series 2 to Tivo HD?

I actually have a Humax unit (Series 2 type) with a 750GB drive in it, that I upgraded using the Interactive TiVo Updrade Instructions, i.e. the Boot CD called "MFSTool 2.0 with WeaKnees Large Kernel Support".

I see that the Tivo HD takes SATA drives, so I understand that I cannot just move the drive into the Tivo HD, even if I could format the data correctly.

I guess what I'm asking, is there a way to "back up" the hundreds of shows from a series 2 Tivo and somehow migrate them onto a TivoHD drive?

Sorry to say, you can't move video to the TiVoHD, so there's really no way to do this . . . maybe just burn the ones you want to DVD?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

This would seem to be a real marketing problem for Tivo selling these units. One of the first questions potential upgraders will ask is, how do I move all the stuff from my old Tivo....

Comment

True. I asked get asked that question about a half dozen times a day, and not just by upgraders. I pretty sure that the decision doesn't solely rely on TiVo's desires but rather the complicated rights issues involved in the recording, saving and duplication of HD quality content.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

But the "old stuff" is not HD quality. There should be no issue since technically people can TivoToGo the old stuff....
          Seem to me more a lack of tools (MFSTools doesn't support migrating to the new format?)

Comment

True, the SD content should be fair game, and it would be great to be able to move content onto the HD units. Maybe it was just too risky allowing some content to move but not all. Who knows.

And that's a no on the MFSTools question.
            That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
            X