Advice for next step after restoring A in upgraded A/B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for next step after restoring A in upgraded A/B

Several years ago I upgraded my lifetime SAT-T60 DirecTivo by adding a second (larger) drive. All's been fine until a couple of months ago when we started seeing spontaneous reboots. Attributing it initially to being near capacity, I removed a lot of stuff and got back to a 10% free space situation. Last week it rebooted into a Powering Up screen and stayed there.

Back when I made a backup of the original 40MB HD in the A position and as I type this I am restoring the backup to a brand new 320GB HD. I am wondering what to do next, particularly since my goal would be to make my wife really, really happy and see all the shows we recorded still there.

However:

Since the upgraded TiVo was original 40 (A) + 160 added on (B) and the backup was only for the pre-upgrade 40 I think I'm SOOL.

But maybe there is a way...I sense that there may be some set of dd commands I could try that would copy areas of the existing A and B to the new superlarge drive, or that would marry the new A to the old B in such a way that some or most of the shows would still be there.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

With that stuck on powering up, your chances of pulling an image of that A drive are really slim, let alone the hopes of saving programming. But that's what you'd need to do in order to get those shows back. Good thing you at least have a back-up of the image.

Keep in mind, though, that the SAT-T60 won't be able to use any space on a drive beyond 127GB. To max it out, you'd need to use dual 160 gig drives. The 320 is unfortunately too large to be appreciated.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X