Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP how do I move 2 HDs to an identical Hughes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP how do I move 2 HDs to an identical Hughes?

I imagine this is a common question but I've tried searching the forum repeatedly with and the results have been inconclusive.

I have a DirecTV Hughes SD-DVR40, modded with a 2nd hard drive for added capacity. Recently we had a rolling blackout, and it fried the audio circuitry of the tivo. The video works fine, the recorded shows are intact, and the problem is not with the TV or cables, so I narrowed it down to the Tivo box itself.

My question is, can I buy the same Hughes DVR40 and simply attach my present 2 hard drives, and retain all my pre-recorded shows? If not, is there any other way to keep my recordings if I buy the same (or different for that matter) hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to say, but the only way to play those shows is in that exact unit. Even in another identical model, the shows won't play. The shows are serialized to that motherboard, and they'll only play there.

You can move the drives to another unit, but in that unit, you'll need to do a "clear and delete everything" to get the drives to work and to get new recordings to serialize to the new motherboard. If you don't do this, you'll get the hardware error #51.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

oh, that is really sad news.

However thanks so much for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X