Missing .iso for S1 upgrade documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing .iso for S1 upgrade documentation

I have an HDR112 with lifetime service that I am trying to repair. I had in the past upgraded from one drive to two, and like a good techie made a backup of my TiVo during that process. Fast forward to a few months ago, and after a move to a new house one of the drives in the TiVo had failed. Since then, I've purchased one of the BigLots S2DTs, but figured eventually I'd get the old TiVo working. Now that I have some time, I would like to just re-use the one working drive from the system, reformat it and use it as a single-drive system for pulling oddball stuff off of cable.

On the www.upgrade-instructions.com I go to generate my custom instructions to restore from a backup, and all is peachy. Except that the URL for the ISO, http://hellcat.tyger.org/MFS/2.0/mfstools2noJ.iso, is dead. If I knew what date/time was the latest modified on this, I would know which one of about a dozen files with that name I should download off of Google.

Is there any other "official" source for this bootable CD, that won't cause any compatibility problems with my TiVo? Alternately, if anyone could tell me the latest version of the CD, I can track it down myself. Finally, if anyone has a pre-upgraded to the latest version of TiVo software clean pristine image for an HDR112 I'd love to get it, as I think the version I have is about 4 years old and I don't want to have to download across a phone line overnight when it has a perfectly working TurboNet card installed.

What size drives would you be using for the upgrade? If they're 120 or smaller, then you can just use a regular CD. Just go to our files area and you can find the download link.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The HD is 160GB. When I did my original expansion, I had two matching 160GB drives in there, both maxxed at 137GB because there was no LBA48 support back in 2003. I don't care if I am at 137 or 160GB total, and probably would actually want to stick to a stock kernel since this backup I have is so old it will probably need to call in to TiVo to get new software anyways.

Comment

You should be fine, then, with the regular CD.

Comment

Working...
        X