Replacing two drives with one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing two drives with one

I have a DSR 7000 TiVo with DirecTV. A few years ago, I added a second drive for memory. Now, the drives have failed.
    I ordered a replacement drive, which arrived, but the directions don't explain how to remove the two drives and replace them with one.
    I know, for example, I moved some 'jumpers' earlier and I don't know if I need to move them back or how to get the bracket out of the machine.

Thank you in advance for your help!

In case it matters, both of my old drives are 'Maxtor', while my new one is a 'Seagate'.
    Thanks again!

Comment

All you have to do is reverse the instructions you used when you added the second drive. The drive kit from us (assuming that is where you got it) will have the jumper set already.

Comment

I didn't have those old instructions originally, but I looked them up and figured it out. Thanks for your help!

Comment

FYI for anyone else, they're on our site here:

http://www.weaknees.com/upgrade-instructions.php
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Going from Two Drives to one. Help :-(

Hi I just got my drive. When opening My Tivo, I see the two (the original & the one I bought from you)+ the fan. I just remove the two and reinstall the one on the Brackett(leaving One side Blank)?

I no Longer have my orig IDE cables etc. The instructions are for only installing the one new.

Receipt ID: 8X600129WM303103U
            [#ZRN-714412

Comment

Right - you remove both, and only install the one new one. Use the black IDE connector for the drive, and the blue for the motherboard. Leave the gray open.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X