New Hard Disk not seeing full capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hard Disk not seeing full capacity

I have a TCD649080. I have activated and upgraded the software to the latest version. (9.1a) I then created the boot floppy from the download link. On my computer I have connected the original Tivo hard disk to the Primary Master (hda) and a second temporary hard disk (formated to FAT32) to hold the backup image (not to restore to) to the Primary Slave. (hdb) I then booted from the floppy disk to create a backup image on the backup image drive using the commands

mount /dev /hdb1 /mnt
    mfsbackup -f 9999 -1so /mnt/tivobackup.bak /dev/hda

This created the image file fine. I then shun down the system with the CTRL-ALT-DEL and waited for the operating system to shut down. I then removed the original Tivo drive and replaced it with a 500gb drive. I then powred back on booting from the floppy and issed the following commands to copy the image from the temporary drive to the new 500gb hard drive.

mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt
    mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -zxpi /mnt/tivobackup.bak /dev/hda

The tivo software was restored to the new 500gb hard disk, but when it was complete, it only indicated 147Hours of storage. The unit is not seeing the whole 500gb. What have I done wrong? Could this be a BIOS setting on my computer?

For clarity, the temporary hard drive that holds the backup file is connected to the Primary Slave in both backup and restore. The TIVO original hard disk and the replacement 500gb hard disk was connected to the Primary Master connector. The BIOS of the computer does see the 500gb hard disk as 500gb on post.
    When the hard disk (500gb) is placed in the TIVO, it is working, but only seeing it as 147Hours.
    Last edited by LarryAtHome; 02-16-2008, 10:45 AM.

Found my problem, the boot floppy (from the download link on the interactive page) does not support large discs. The boot CD does. Using the CD I was able to get it to see the larger hard disk.

Comment

Working...
    X