S3 with eSATA replacing internal drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 with eSATA replacing internal drive

I've searched the forums and can't find anything. Basically I want to upgrade the internal drive of my S3 with a 750 gig drive from weaknees, I already have a 500 gig eSATA drive connected. I bought the drive and have it and the old drive hooked up to my desktop and I downloaded and booted into weaknees_sata linux. But when I run the mfs_backup command per their instructions I get an error that the total sectors does not match the volume. I assume this is because of the eSATA drive. (I can post the error if necessary)

How can I move just the internal drive contents onto the new drive, or can I move both the internal and external drives onto the new internal drive since it is big enough to hold both?

It's a little complicated, but the best answer would be to do a dd of the 250 to the 750, then an mfsadd with the 750 and the external together like this:

Code:
    mfsadd -r 4 -x /dev/sdb /dev/sdc
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      It's a little complicated, but the best answer would be to do a dd of the 250 to the 750, then an mfsadd with the 750 and the external together like this:

Code:
      mfsadd -r 4 -x /dev/sdb /dev/sdc
      So would you use this command to copy from the 250 to the 750?

dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/sda

And then I take the drive out of the esata and hook it up to my desktop and with it and only the new 750 attached I use that command you wrote?

Comment

That's basically right - but the "hda" and "sda" would need to be modified to fit your scenario.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X