I'm getting ready to replace my drive for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting ready to replace my drive for the first time

I have a tivo that was freezing up for no reason and now will not even boot. It boots to the screen which sais "powering up" and that is it stays there for ever.
    So I want to replace my hard drive. I have reviewed the instructions for my model # that are located on your site. Now if I am reading it correctly It sais that I need to plug my old drive and my new drive into my PC. Now I do not believe that my old drive functions. So how do I proceed?

Can I just download an ISO to load a new drive and install it into the tivo?

Where can I find such an ISO as well as instructions?

Also my TIVO came with a Maxtor Drive but all your forum say to use a Sea Gate? What is the importants?

You do need good software; we'd recommend that you consider sending us the drive. We can program it for you, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

I thought this was a do it your self site? Now your asking me to send you my drive and $55 so you can program it for me? If i'm going to pay $60 for the drive then another $55 to you to program it. I'm halfway to a refurbished series 3 from Tivo. Is that really my only option?

Comment

This is a forum. You will find do-it-yourself sites referenced here. However, do-it-yourself sites require to have a working version of the TiVo software.
        Last edited by WK-Jeff; 09-03-2008, 07:55 AM.

Comment

How do I get that?

So where do you recomend I get the tivo software?

Comment

If you don't have the software from a working drive, we recommend you send us the drive for preparation:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X