Location of BootCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of BootCD?

You're guide refers to downloading the latest CD but the link in the instructions is dead. Can you supply a new link for a CD that works with your instructions. My TIVO is a Series 1 with ver 1.xxx of the software.

The instructions for my HRD212 also refer to a link for TivoMad which is needed but that is also a dead link ("Since you are working with TiVo OS 2.0 or earlier, you'll need to change a setting that would otherwise disable the use of this new drive (or drives). You'll need to prepare a floppy of the TiVoMad boot disk, boot from it, and run this command:mad/edit_bootparms hdZ -i"). Can you supply an active link or tell me how to use the utilities on the CD to make the changes necessary?

Thanks,

This should work for a Series 1:

http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hins...MFSTOOLS20.zip
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the location.

What about editing the boot parameters per the instructions as TivoMad would have allowed?

Comment

You don't need to worry about that. Mfstools really does it all for you.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just so I'm clear: you're saying the mfstools 2.0 cd will automatically add runideturbo=false to the new drives rc.sysinit file so it will boot on Series 1 HRD212 still running ver 1.xxx of the software. I don't have to do anything. Correct?

Comment

Working...
          X