Tivo records for only 24 hours after re-imaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo records for only 24 hours after re-imaging

I have tried two different images (Version 2.5.1.-01-1-010 and a 3.0 version) on a 160 GB HD for the Sony SVR-2000.

It will make the calls, update, index, everything SEEMS to go fine; but the unit will record everything I ask it to for 24 hours and playback anything recorded for the first 24 hours.

After that, it shows that it has recorded items, but when I try to play them, it plays about 10 seconds of the program, and then asks if i want to delete the recording.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Are you using manual recordings? You'll want to be sure you give the TiVo sufficient time to index all of the recordings after it dials in. Also, are you using a cable box? Are you sure it is not set to "sleep" after a certain period?

Comment

Thanks for the fast response

It has completely indexed and there is no cable box.

I'm going to use Western Digitals HD tools to low level format and map bad sectors...maybe there is a bad sector that keeps getting overwritten or something.

The HD was made in May, 2005, so it could just be getting tired, too...

Thanks for the lightning fast response. I don't really want to put any money into this unit, since I'm going to try to sell it on Craigs,but I also don't want to screw anyone who might buy the unit, either...

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. Also, if you are formatting the drive with the wrong kernel, this could happen. Make sure your unit only sees 137 GB of the drive.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well...no bad sectors

No bad sectors, and completely re-wrote the entire HD with zeroes.

Installed version 3.0-01-1-010.

I used a new kernel from MFS that should have removed the 137 GB limitation, no?

The commands used were:

mfsrestore -xzpi /mnt/dos/svr2000_30.bak /dev/hdd

once it was restored i typed:

copykern

there were three choices, two for direct tv tivo and a third for standalone.

I chose the third, and it seems to be set up correctly.

Any other thoughts?

And thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X