Replacing master drive in a two drive unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing master drive in a two drive unit

I just purchased a 250gb drive from weaknees that I intend to use to replace the current 80gb master in my series 2. The second drive is an 80gb maxtor that I bought a couple of years ago to upgrade the unit.

Since the new drive is replacing the existing master, am I going to need to do anything special to get everything to boot up with the old 80gb still in the case as a second drive?
    Last edited by brucer1; 01-31-2007, 06:54 PM.

The two drives in your TiVo now are a married pair. You cannot simply remove one and install your replacement drive along with the other drive.

The replacement drive you purchased must be installed as the sole drive, unless you program the replacement drive with the other drive that you want to keep using. If you do that, you will lose whatever is on the drive in your TiVo now.

Comment

Replacing Master Drive in a 2-drive system

I don't care if I lose the data in the second drive. I have already transfered it to my computer hard drive. What should I do to program the TIVO to accept that drive as a second drive?

I assume I could just disconnect that drive and start up TIVO with the new master drive and then go back in and treat the second drive as an upgrade and recconect it but you know how we spell "ASSUME".

Comment

OK - so use the "add one drive" instructions here:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X