Not able to view shows after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to view shows after upgrade

Recently I upgraded my TiVo 24004A with a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500gb drive (7200/8mb/ATA-100/EIDE). I set up the original drive as primary master and the new drive as primary slave when hooking up to my PC. I booted from the Weaknees CD and used the command: "mfsbackup -f 9999 -so /dev/hda | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi -/dev/hdb". Everything seemed to go well, and the screen reflected an increase from 40 hours to 582. I set the drive jumper as "CS Enabled" (since that was the setting of the original drive). I then put the new drive in the TiVo, and was able to boot up and record successfully. The "Now Playing List" shows all my previously recorded programs. However, when I try to play any of them, I get the following message: "The TiVo DVR was not able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive." 1) Is there any way that I can recover my shows (presumably the original drive is still good). 2) Is this message an indication that I may have a problem recording new shows at some point in the future?

Thanks,

Lonnie

The backup/restore you did omitted the recordings. So you see them in the list, but they have no attached A/V files. To get these to work, you would need to do a "save recordings" copy instead.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info! I think I'll declare victory and delete the entries rather than dismantle the TiVo and my PC again. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't left the new drive in an unstable state. For future reference (or if I decide to get ambitious), could you tell me what the exact instructions are for a backup that actually saves the shows? (I'm sure it's in the instructions, but I guess I got confused).

Thanks,

Lonnie

Comment

Here's the code:

Code:
        mfsbackup -Tao - /dev/hdX | mfsrestore -s 127 -zxpi - /dev/hdY
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
          X