No announcement yet.

Got new WK Hard Drive and Tivo will not Connect to Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it - didn't realize you had the "A" - other subversions have issues.

Try the other adapter and see how it goes.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just an update on this:

1. Have not been able to borrow another compatible wireless adapter to try out.

2. Did try a different adapter, one I use to connect my wife's PC to the network, and it din't work. But, it turns out the version number is listed as NOT compatible on the Tivo list.

3. I've ordered parts to try a wired connection: The $30 WK wired adapter and a set of Panasonic wireline Ethernet adapters (much cheaper than the model WK offers . . . ). I should receive those this week and will try it out. Are there special instructions for setting up the 'wired' connection on my Tivo?

Comment

Nope - just plug it all in, and the TiVo should recognize the presence of the adapter and then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Nope - just plug it all in, and the TiVo should recognize the presence of the adapter and then go from there.
          Success!! . . .

As you said, I just plugged it all in and the Tivo recognized it and set itself up. I tested the connection and it worked, then did a 'connect now' and that worked also.

Those Panasonic wireline adapters I am using were easy to set up (actually no setup was required) and I would recommend them, and the WK USB adapter, to anyone having wireless connection issues.

Guess there must be some incompatibility with the DLink wireless adapter I was trying to use and the latest software, although it worked in the past and does have a checkmark (but not a green thumbs up) on the Tivo adapter list.

Thanks for your assistance!!
          Last edited by alex95070; 06-25-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Great!

The PowerLines are pretty good . . .

Comment

Working...
            X