No announcement yet.

Series 2 downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original drive was making a whining noise and the Tivo would freezing up while recording, live TV and sometimes while in the menus

Comment

I'd suggest you check your cabling inside and out of the TiVo, because the flickering lines are not going to be caused by a hard drive. you might also try connecting it to another TV in your house to see if the flickering goes away....but even so, I think you may have some other problem with your TiVo (eg. a bad power supply or motherboard).

Comment

Switched to another TV and changed the cables no change Still stuck on the powering up screen

Comment

So on the new TV, do you still have the flickering lines? If not, a TiVo stuck on "welcome, powering up" is almost always indicative of a bad hard drive.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I sent the hard drive in to be checked and it came back tested good/OK and Yes I still have the lines on the screen

Comment

Are you using a surge protector or something else between the Tivo and the wall? If so, try removing that.

Comment

I took off the surge protector and plugged in to the wall with no change still black/gray screen flickering screen

Comment

OK - then you either have a bad power supply, or a bad motherboard.

Best bet is our flat-fee repair:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Right--as I said originally, flickering lines are not caused by a drive...so you might have another problem. You might consider a TiVo repair service. While what wk-michael says is accurate--that being stuck on powering up is typically a drive issue--in your case the flickering lines, plus the fact that the drive passed, indicates that you have another problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X