No announcement yet.

First Phone call problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the same "can't complete setup" and "no numbers in that area code" message for 4 days now. This past Sunday, I got the standard 'the check's in the mail' customer no service brushoff of "wait 48-72 hours" and call again. My new Samsung from Weaknees hasn't done anything except been plugged into a phone line and has been continuously on. Today I called DTV twice so far, still no resolution - no DVR capability. This un-hacked unit is going to be returned to Weaknees by this coming Monday if this doesn't get resolved (I told DTV this too). After 7 years as a customer, I'm ready to take either Comcast or ATT Uverse up on their offers - they're both in my neighborhood and the house is already wired for cable. It's interesting that this problem seems to have started at the beginning of August 2010. If there are this many complaints on this forum, how many others out there have the same unsolved problem? If Weaknees is an authorized reseller, can't you folks put pressure on DTV / Tivo to get this fixed. Just imagine all the problems that are going to occur with every hard drive upgrade kit you sell from now on!

Comment

update to the tale of woe

Just got a callback from DTV - they've passed my case on to the "National Resolution" team or some such. Evidently, SOME people's problems have been resolved, while others are not... they're sending my case on as a sample of one who has not

Comment

Originally posted by RRWolf View Post
        If Weaknees is an authorized reseller, can't you folks put pressure on DTV / Tivo to get this fixed.
        Yes, we are an authorized DIRECTV retailer and an authorized reseller of TiVo DVRs. We have contacted both TiVo and DIRECTV, and are being told that engineers are working on the problem. We're just a tad smaller than either of those companies, so our ability to move mountains is limited, but I think we've budged it a little and we're seeing progress.

Comment

thanks for your reply jeff

Thanks for your efforts on my behalf... I know you're not as big as DTV / TIVO, but can you imagine if your bank's ATM network was "down" this long? The "engineers are working on it" seems pretty lame (as an engineer myself, I've developed a finely tuned customer no service BS detector, and alarms are going off all over the place now)

Comment

Problem Resolved

TiVo just contacted us to let us know that the problem with the dial-in numbers has been resolved!

After testing it here, we can confirm---problem solved!

Comment

I was able to activate TIVO DVR service yesterday around 5pm Eastern.
              I had also tried the CSR and email to the President's Office earlier in the week.
              Glad we are up and running.

Comment

Like many others, my upgraded DVR would not supply a dial in number. An email to Directv president resulted in a return call within 24 hours. I was told to use a dial out prefix of ,034#. Problem is solved! Hope this helps someone.

Comment

There was a typo in my last post. The correct dial in prefix should be ,#034 NOT ,034#

Comment

Call in works afte3r 2 weeks at last

Success at last..

As to the replacement Samsung box, I put it in standby and powered down Friday afternoon after trying with no luck to make a call.

I put the cables from it into the old Phillips (My old Phillips box has developed other problems - power supply) so I guess there's no getting my old shows back..) and so switched cables back to the Samsung.

After waiting for it to reboot (I forgot I put it into standby and was wondering why the screen was blank) I took it out of standby and found I could now record & setup season passes!

I also found that now I had local (area code 678) phone #'s to call, and completed a manual call OK. So, that took DTV / Tivo 2 weeks to get things going

Comment

And . . . this problem is back, so I'm bumping this thread back up. Please post if you are having the problem. We're seeing it on several units at this point.
                      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just bought a hard drive from Weaknees. Haven't got it running yet. Talked to Direct on Friday, 9/6/2013. They escalated the issue up to corporate (highest level) and said they'd either call back or it'd be fixed (find out by trying to dial in). Haven't heard anything yet; still not working. (Samsung sir4040 box).

Anybody get anywhere with Directv?

Comment

We haven't. We've been working with TiVo on the issue. They recognize that it exists, but say it's on DTV's side, so they can't do much about it. But they're pushing and trying.
                          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

After replacing the P/S in a Series 2 that had been down for months I'm dealing with this problem. DTV tech support doesn't know anything about Tivos and have been no help. All I can do is wait for DTV to fix it.

Comment

We've been working with TiVo Engineering and they now seem to be focusing on the issue a bit more. We have sent them some TSNs and we have a unit up and running at our office that (hopefully) is transmitting log files.

Here's one thing that you might try: In the call prefix setting, enter 13103881905,, (pause on your remote gives you the commas). Then try making a test connection. It should go through. Then hit the TiVo button to get back to the main TiVo screen and see if you can record. I'm skeptical, but others have reported some success with this method.

Comment

Hi, checking back in again. Directv never got back to me; even at escalating my service call to the highest level. I still haven't succeeded. I sent my TSN to you. How did you get your receiver past the first call loop? I have the receiver disconnected from the satellites now. Do I need to leave it connected? I just tried the 310 number above and no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X