No announcement yet.

First Phone call problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we transmitted any TSN that was sent to us. We didn't hear anything back today.

Leave it connected and try to make a TEST CONNECTION with the dialing prefix above. See if that changes anything, even if you have to back out of setup.

Comment

I am having this issue as well on a newly purchased HR10-250 from Weaknees. I will send my TSN to you Jeff. The 310 number trick wont work for me as I do not have long distance service on my home phone line, and am not in that area code.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to send a private message on this forum? how do I get my TSN sent to you Wk-Jeff?
      Last edited by sbuck143; 09-20-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuck143 View Post
        I am having this issue as well on a newly purchased HR10-250 from Weaknees. I will send my TSN to you Jeff. The 310 number trick wont work for me as I do not have long distance service on my home phone line, and am not in that area code.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to send a private message on this forum? how do I get my TSN sent to you Wk-Jeff?
        I called TiVo directly and they disavow any knowledge or support for DirecTV Tivo's throwing the ball solely into DirecTV's court. Even though this is the part that has nothing to do DirecTV and is all about authentication with Tivo's servers allowing TiVo service on the device.

I can make a successful test connection using both no dialing prefix, as well as my local dial in number as the prefix (817) 916-0006, but when i use either of those in the "First call" area of setup, it connects then says there are no dial-in numbers for my area code.

Help!

Comment

I think you'll just have to wait it out, I"m sorry to say. We sent another email to TiVo today to get a status update. It's a shame that the TiVo CSRs are disavowing knowledge, but I can assure you that TiVo engineers know about the issue. Since non-DIRECTV TiVo's work fine, it sure seems like a DIRECTV issue to me.

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Please keep us all updated if you hear anything. I am currently debating whether to return this new DirecTivo box I got from Weaknees since I can't use it as a DVR at the moment....

Comment

I also am not able to get anywhere with this yet. I'm trying to get a bone stock Samsung SIR 4040 up before putting in the Weaknees upgrade disk. Jeff, would an upgrade disk with network connectivity via USB solve this issue? Also, when you say leave it connected, would the authorization from Tivo or Directv come from the satellite or the phone line?

Comment

Pretty sure the network drives also have this problem currently.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

in a couple days I'll have PVRnet installed and will be hacking the problem fixed. I discovered in this thread here :

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...tal-call-No-go

the script to modify and run once you can telnet into your DTivo.

Comment

Originally posted by harlano View Post
                    I also am not able to get anywhere with this yet. I'm trying to get a bone stock Samsung SIR 4040 up before putting in the Weaknees upgrade disk. Jeff, would an upgrade disk with network connectivity via USB solve this issue? Also, when you say leave it connected, would the authorization from Tivo or Directv come from the satellite or the phone line?
                    They might or might not but one thing the upgrade disc would allow is for you to telnet into your unit and manually change the variable that tricks the unit into thinking the set up is successfully completed.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuck143 View Post
                      They might or might not but one thing the upgrade disc would allow is for you to telnet into your unit and manually change the variable that tricks the unit into thinking the set up is successfully completed.
                      What variable would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by SLACer View Post
                        What variable would that be?
                        /State/GeneralConfig the common fakecall.tcl script sets it to a state of complete and value of 7, but apparently that is out of date with version 6.4.

It looks like there are 3 possible fields/values for /State/GeneralConfig with the new state referred to as 'configured' instead of complete and values of

1 = Satellite Guided Setup Completed
                        257 = Phone Setup (call) Completed
                        513 = Network Setup (call) Completed

so the proper call either in that script or a new one would be

set ssobj [db $db open /State/GeneralConfig]
                        dbobj $ssobj set Complete 7
                        dbobj $gcobj set Configured 1
                        dbobj $gcobj add Configured 257
                        dbobj $gcobj add Configured 513

Comment

I recently wanted to clear out both of my old but reliable series2 tivo units and now I'm having this same issue.
                          Hopefully they will have it resolved soon.

Comment

We're still pushing, but we haven't heard a lot back recently.
                            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So apparently my Tivos are recording suggestions. The recording light keeps coming on for half and hour long times. However, I still can't access them due to every command taking to the final setup phone call. Any help? Is there anyway to connect a series 2 to network?

Comment

My series 2 makes and completes the call. The problem is there is no authorization to enable the DVR service from Tivo. My hunch is DrekTV is not passing the authorized Tivo subscribers to Tivo for whatever reason. It would be nice to know from Tivo if the TSNs that WKs sent to them show up in their database as authorized. In a couple of days I'm going to attempt new service on a THR-22. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X