S3 digital tuner problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 digital tuner problems

I have an S3 that is less than 1 year old that has software 9.1.L5-01-2-648 on it. On Monday it froze and in trouble shooting, I removed the cable cards & antenna in & cable in. I can now view my recordings (& hopefully transfer them to a PC), but as soon as I connect any input, the box starts freezing again. I have 2 other S3's that are working fine with 9.1-01-2-648 on them. MRV works on all 3 boxes too.

Is this a problem with the software download (have requested 9.2) or are the tuners dieing?

I have till December to either get it working or returned to TiVo for repair / replacemtnt & transfer of the lifetime.

Thanks <<Ken>>

Doesn't sound like a software download issue. What is the current status?

Do you get problems with OTA, or just with CableCARDs?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The problem seems to be on all inputs. I'm in the process of moving all the files and then will do a clear & delete after reconnecting the inputs.

Comment

OK - tell us how it goes.

Comment

Well that didn't work, as soon as the inputs are reconnected, I get a lot of macro blocking as well as please wait. It also reboots during setup. Looks like this one is going back to TiVo.

By the way, I purchased this from you last December 8, but you held it and shipped it after Christmas as I was on vacation. What date do I use when TiVo asks?

Thanks

Comment

Probably the date it was first subscribed is the date they want.

Comment

OK,Thanks for your help. Calling TiVo today.

Comment

Well it's being replaced. TiVo level 2 agreed that it was a hardware problem.

Comment

Working...
                X