X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jass411
    replied
    Wow, finally got it to work

Well after breaking down and purchasing a new power supply and 14 days later I have both cable cards recognized. To soon to tell if I get rebooting. I guess if you see no update from me, all is good. Otherwise i will continue to post my saga.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Jeff
    replied
    Glad to hear it--thanks for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• hrhwilson
    replied
    It worked! In post #257 - I said that my Series 3 wouldn't work with both cards...just one.

I just replaced the power supply (which was very easy) and it is back up and running smoothly.

Thanks, Weaknees!

Leave a comment:

• WK-Jeff
    replied
    In our experience this problem is power supply related. We can't guarantee it, but you might have problems with your power supply that go beyond a blown capacitor. I can't guarantee it, but that's where I would start.

Leave a comment:

• jass411
    replied
    Reboot with 2nd cable card

I have the same issue. Replaced drive, replaced bad capacitors and I can only get 1 cable card through the guide set up.

Every time I put the 2nd cable card the system reboots and gets in a boot cycle. I do not want to spend money on a new power supply if I do not have to. Again, all capacitors look good. Only 1 2200uF 25V capacitor needed to be replaced.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Please see our power supply diagnosis info here:

http://www.weaknees.com/bps

That'll give you a pretty good idea about whether it needs replacing or not.

Leave a comment:

• hrhwilson
    replied
    Originally posted by resinomer View Post
    Ok, I've started the repeated reboot loop on my Series 3. With both cable cards out of the box it seems to work fine. I can see/pause/review live tv. I can watch recorded shows both HD and SD. As soon as I plug in CableCard 1, the box reboots, but goes through to the main menu and allows the cablecard recognition to occur. No reboots seem to happen with just one card. Plugging in the second card again causes an instant reboot and then the looping starts after a few hours of operation. Drive or Power supply??
    I'm having the exact same issue with my Series 3. Over the summer it wouldn't boot after a power outage. I found this thread and tried the process described. Thankfully I was able to get it to work again with both cable cards. However, after another recent power outage, I haven't been able to get it to work with both cards.

I'm thinking about trying to replace the power supply myself - I hope it works.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Really, that could be either (or even both) the power supply or hard drive.

Power supply diagnosis information is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/bps

and hard drive test info is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/54

Leave a comment:

• resinomer
    replied
    Ok, I've started the repeated reboot loop on my Series 3. With both cable cards out of the box it seems to work fine. I can see/pause/review live tv. I can watch recorded shows both HD and SD. As soon as I plug in CableCard 1, the box reboots, but goes through to the main menu and allows the cablecard recognition to occur. No reboots seem to happen with just one card. Plugging in the second card again causes an instant reboot and then the looping starts after a few hours of operation. Drive or Power supply??

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by thom View Post
    I have similar issue with my Tivo Premier. Playback was becoming pixelated and skipping, so I tried a reset. Box will not start now. Getting stuck on step 5 of "Getting Program Info" which is "Loading Info". Goes to 99% and freezes. Have tried the kickstart 57 and everytime I get the green screen and it eventually restarts. I was to the point that I could not get the box to restart and it was in the endless loop of "starting" "just a few more minutes". Then I found this thread and tried removing the CArd. This seemed to help as I could now get past the starting loop and get to the guided setup, but still getting stuck on loading at 99%.

I am 2 months out of warranty and Tivo wants $149 for an exchange. Sure would like to get this resolved without having to pay that.

Any suggestions? Help greatly appreciated.

T
    That's almost definitely just a bad hard drive.

For the same price range, you could get a larger drive from us here:

http://www.weaknees.com/prm3.php

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by pompom618 View Post
    My power went out today for about 5 minutes while I was watching TV. When the power came back on, my TiVo wouldn't start and there is a green flashing light. The guy at TiVo on their chat couldn't help much. Just wanted to know if anyone else knew how to fix this. Thanks!!
    The flashing green light on the TiVo HD and the TiVo HD XL is a motherboard problem that we aren't able to fix, and we don't know of any fix for it, unfortunately. Best bet, if you have lifetime service, is to call TiVo and see if they'll make you a deal to transfer service to a different unit.

Leave a comment:

• pompom618
    replied
    Flashing Green Light on TiVo HD

My power went out today for about 5 minutes while I was watching TV. When the power came back on, my TiVo wouldn't start and there is a green flashing light. The guy at TiVo on their chat couldn't help much. Just wanted to know if anyone else knew how to fix this. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    same issue

I have similar issue with my Tivo Premier. Playback was becoming pixelated and skipping, so I tried a reset. Box will not start now. Getting stuck on step 5 of "Getting Program Info" which is "Loading Info". Goes to 99% and freezes. Have tried the kickstart 57 and everytime I get the green screen and it eventually restarts. I was to the point that I could not get the box to restart and it was in the endless loop of "starting" "just a few more minutes". Then I found this thread and tried removing the CArd. This seemed to help as I could now get past the starting loop and get to the guided setup, but still getting stuck on loading at 99%.

I am 2 months out of warranty and Tivo wants $149 for an exchange. Sure would like to get this resolved without having to pay that.

Any suggestions? Help greatly appreciated.

T
    Last edited by thom; 09-26-2012, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by rkshack View Post
    I was having a series 3 reboot. I assumed it was the Hard Drive. I bought a WD5000azdx and performed a restore from the broke hard drive using mfslive. It completes without failure. When I install the drive and turn it on the system stalls on Welcome. Powering up. All 4 lights on the front are on and the little tivo on the lcd display on front is showing.

I have also tried with an image I begged. No benefit.

Any suggestions.

rkshack
    Please see my post here:

http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4712

Leave a comment:

• rkshack
    replied
    I was having a series 3 reboot. I assumed it was the Hard Drive. I bought a WD5000azdx and performed a restore from the broke hard drive using mfslive. It completes without failure. When I install the drive and turn it on the system stalls on Welcome. Powering up. All 4 lights on the front are on and the little tivo on the lcd display on front is showing.

I have also tried with an image I begged. No benefit.

Any suggestions.

rkshack

Leave a comment:

Working...
X