X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drb0drb0
    replied
    How do we pull the logs from the series 3 to see if we can find out why it is rebooting?

Leave a comment:

• drb0drb0
    replied
    Remember, we have replaced the original drive, the first new drive never booted, the second new drive worked, but the reboots continued. I have run the kick start 54 code a couple of times without issue. We also replaced the power supply on your suggestion, the reboots continued.we ran a kickstart code 52 which seemed to solve the reboot issue, but it is back again so I do not know where to go from here.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Try a Kickstart 54 overnight test on the hard drive:

http://www.weaknees.com/54

Leave a comment:

• drb0drb0
    replied
    It is plugged directly into the wall, bypassing the ups. It does not use Ethernet but rather the USB wireless adapter.

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Have you tried a different power source in your house? Sometimes an old power strip or UPS doesn't supply enough voltage. Try it plugged into the wall directly.

Are you using a network? Try unplugging that.

Leave a comment:

• drb0drb0
    replied
    I have a similar issue, it has froze 4 times this evening and rebooted 3 times in about 4 hours of use. But both the hard drive and power supply have been replaced, and still rebooting. Most of the time it reboots 2 to 3 times a day, but this evening it seems to have reached a new level!

Leave a comment:

• drb0drb0
    replied
    Series 3 was freezing and or rebooting randomly on live or recordings.
    Sometime when it freezes, it will continue after a few minutes followed by a reboot a few seconds later.
    This is what I have done so far...
    Replaced drive (weaknees drive upgrade) , freezes and reboots still occur
    Replaced power supply (weaknees replacement) , freezes and reboots still occur
    There are no cable cards, using off air antenna.
    Where do I go from here?
    How do we determine why the box is rebooting?

Leave a comment:

• WK-Jeff
    replied
    You may want to inspect your power supply, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/bps

Also see:

www.weaknees.com/tivops.php

Leave a comment:

• dbengis
    replied
    Hi, My Tivo Series 3 began rebooting repeatedly. I followed the steps in the original post, and it seems to be working fine with one cable card, but immediately reboots when I insert the second cable card. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    -Dan

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Are they AV drives? Are they brand new?

Leave a comment:

• jmartz
    replied
    Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
    Sounds like a bad drive. I really don't remember your specific situation - what did we do to the unit while it was here?
    I sent it to you because of this problem. You checked everything and said it was fine I have replaced the drives multiple times already. I can try again... wondering if I can buy a recomended drive from you that does not have anything on it. I am familiar with moving recordings and software from one drive to another. The weird thing is I am able to always read from bad drives. Wondering if I am just using the wrong ones?

Leave a comment:

• WK-Michael
    replied
    Sounds like a bad drive. I really don't remember your specific situation - what did we do to the unit while it was here?

Leave a comment:

• jmartz
    replied
    Hello? You are moderating posts but I'd still like to get my problem resolved... I posted on Sunday and it is still not approved... I tried rebooting without the cable card and going through guided setup, but as soon as I get to the menu the thing reboots on me. Barely lasts 10 seconds before it restarts!

of course this post shows up immediately.....

Please help!

Leave a comment:

• jmartz
    replied
    Hi Michael,

This post is a reply to follow up on a post I did a while back which can be found here:
    http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showt...1442#post21442

You requested I try to disconnect USB and Ethernet. I have been so swamped with travel and work I just left the Tivo unplugged the last few months, it's been rather annoying to troubleshoot constantly. Anyway I plugged it in today and it booted up and got to the welcome animation and before it finished it rebooted... no ethernet was connected. I know for sure the box needs to download updated program guide data and I need to call the company to reactivate the cable card.

But this problem is still occurring... what does a motherboard issue look like? You said the power supply looks fine when you checked the box after I sent it to you over the summer.

TCD652160

Thanks again for your help. I am really hoping that I can get this thing working properly... my free cable box promotion is expiring at the end of the month and Cable Card is $4 cheaper a month... so I really would like to get this working so I can return the cable box.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• WK-Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by toshirick View Post
    I have 2 Tivo series 3 that the hard drives failed within a few months of each other and I imaged 2 new drives at different times WD AV-GP 2 TB AV Video Hard Drive WD20EURS and one of the series 3 works great.
    I also replaced the bulging caps on the power supply boards. One of the series 3 tivo was stuck in the powering up screen, new problem. I tried unplugging the fan and the tivo works with no problems, so i bought a new fan and tried it and still stuck in powering up screen and reboots. I checked the voltages and they are good.
    What I did was connected the fan directly to the power supply board 7.5 volts pins bypassing the mother board and everything is working. I have used it for about 2 months and it's been working (No Problems).

Do you think it's the power supply board or the mother board?

Thank you Rick
    If you have one working S3 and one nonworking S3, why not try the working S3 power supply in the nonworking unit and see if it fixes your fan issue?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X