added new reciever to SWM network failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added new reciever to SWM network failure

I had successfully installed the SWM switch to connect 2 HD recievers and 1 HD DVR reciever in my house. thanks to this forum. thanks.

my previous setup
    four cables from Satelite to SWM-8 in basement.
    from the SWM1 port a 8 foot cable to PI SWM port
    from PI IRD port 4 foot cable to 1-4 splitter
    1-4 spliter
    output 1 to basement tv HD reciever 5 feet away
    output 2 to living room a first floor HD DVR 30 feet away.
    output 3 to attic 1-4 splitter 80 feet away.
    output 4 is capped.
    1-4 splitter in attic has output 1 to bedroom HD reciver.

i added one more TV on the second floor. from the output 2 in the attic 1-4 splitter.

all recievers lost satellite signal.
    so I changed out the basement and living room reciever to the SWM2 output to isolate the upstairs TV's. i used the PI on the cable to the attic splitter.

I got the first HD reciever to get a signal, but the new reciever can not pickup a satellite signal. and now i'm getting signal interuption on my living room tv also.

when i test the signal strength of the new reciever i get these results (i switch out the recievers and got the same results on a different reciever)
    101 - no signal
    110 - no signal
    119 - no signal
    99(c) - 95% signal
    99(s) - no signal
    103(s) - 95% signal
    103(c) - 95% signal
    SWM - 95% signal

I think i've isolated the problem to the long run of cable from the basement to the attic splitter or the attic 1-4 splitter. I changed the cable end connectors in the attic to make sure it wasn't that.

have i missed something?

can all these reciever work off the SWM1 output with the original setup?

any help would be appriecated.

thanks

issue resolved

sorry, i figured out the problem. it was the reciever. i switched it out and got a clear signal. now i have to figure out how to get DTV to give me a new reciever.

Comment

Pretty strange - it was taking out the system?

If you're a long-term customer with DirecTV, they'll likely just swap it (and make you agree to be a customer for two more years).
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X