No announcement yet.

First Phone call problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I was able to activate the used THR22-100.

Comment

Yeah - those should be fine since they're really DIRECTV hardware, but I'm actually surprised you were able to activate a used one. Since those are all leased units, there shouldn't really be a secondary market for them.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So I still can't use my Tivo features. Any suggestions? Is it worth calling Directv again?

Comment

Before I bought this one on eBay I verified with DrekTV that it was owned and I would be able to activate it. I'm going to try the same thing with a series 2 I just got. If that works I'll have them delete my current series 2 that won't activate. I'll then add it back to my account and try to activate it again with a new access card.

Comment

OK - please tell us what you find.

Comment

Update from my end:

I went the Instantcake/PTVnet route from dvrupgrade. Putting a fresh 6.4a image on my HR10-250 via Instantcake, then installing PTVnet did the trick. The fakecall script in there sets the appropriate variables to trick it that Guided Setup is complete, and I am able to use my DirecTivo as a DVR again!

If you are comfortable with upgrading your own computer, then upgrading your own Tivo HD and installing Instantcake / PTVnet is pretty familiar / not scary... It sucks that DirecTV or TiVo can't get this resolved and you have to take matters into your own hands. But it is what it is.

Comment

OK - thanks for the data point. Glad to hear that gets past the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by SLACer View Post
                  Before I bought this one on eBay I verified with DrekTV that it was owned and I would be able to activate it. I'm going to try the same thing with a series 2 I just got. If that works I'll have them delete my current series 2 that won't activate. I'll then add it back to my account and try to activate it again with a new access card.
                  I called today to order a access card for that used DVR40. It turned out I had talked to this rep a couple of months ago and I mentioned the other unit still didn't work. I said I'd like to delete it from my account and reactivate it with a new card. He wouldn't do it. Anyway, after I got off the phone I found I could get the list of numbers and connect to the DVR service on this unit. But it still shows 'Account Closed and 'DVR service not active' on the sysinfo screen. And it doesn't work.
                  Last edited by SLACer; 11-25-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

You don't really want to delete it and reactivate with a new card. Just get it on your account with the bad card and then ask them for a new card because yours is bad. A slightly different way of looking at the same problem...but either way, DIRECTV shouldn't have a problem reactivating a DVR40 with a new card.

Comment

The reason he wouldn't do it is he doesn't think the card is bad and that a new card will help. He thinks the unit is bad and wants to send me one of their DVRs.

Comment

It's true that they never want to believe a card is bad for any reason, but the bottom line is that it does happen in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                        X